Navy Blue Geometric Floral Print Shirt - Clarkson
THE CLARKSON SHIRT: Last summer, I faced a challenge: how to make a floral shirt interesting, unique & a little edgy? I took inspiration from the tattoos that some of the Blade+Blue models were sporting on their arms. While not so obvious, you will see that there are sharp diamond shapes & a sweet little circle coming together to form the general shape of the flower. Then the flowers were strung together to form this unique, beautiful grid. You guys went nuts for it, so last fall, I brought him back in black & it became the most popular shirt I have ever made. It sold out very fast..... And then the sad emails came! So this magical print is back - this time in a rich navy blue with subtle jewel tones of gold, emerald & ruby. 100% cotton, trimmed with charcoal marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Interior Cuff Trim: You guys have told me that your favorite surprise is the navy herringbone tape tucked just inside the sleeve cuffs. Guys are always rolling up their sleeves to be comfortable and this subtle detail allows them to be relaxed but still look polished at the same time.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
Fit was perfect. Pattern and color look great.
This was a great first experience. My shirt came quickly, the quality didn't disappoint and the colors on the navy blue geometric floral were true to the photos online. I got a compliment on the fit on my first day wearing it. A large would have been too big, so I ordered a medium (which was just right) and will keep it out of the dryer. It was a bit more than I'd normally spend, but I'm not going to find something like it elsewhere and after reading about the company, I appreciate that it's run with a social conscience. That makes it worth every dime. Oh, the personal note from the owner was a great touch, too. Thanks.
I enjoyed receiving the compliments. Definitely a nice shirt. Well made! I personally wouldn't call this a floral print, but I love the design.
I get a lot of compliments on this shirt. The design is fascinating, the tailoring is great for my frame, and the material is excellent. Highly recommend this shirt for when you need to impress.
Overall I love the shirt. I am wearing it today actually! I would like a cut that is slightly more form fitting. And maybe slightly longer. The fit is on the boxy side and I like a more tailored fit. I am a fit 5’-7 and 143# man and purchased the small. I would also like the option to use dollar stays.