Black Traditional Japanese Spiky Diamond Print Shirt - 'Watson' One Piece In Sizes S & XL Available
THE WATSON SHIRT: Drop Dead Gorgeous.. that's all I gotta say!
OK, I'll say more...
A few years ago, I made a shirt called 'Spike' which has become a favorite on the site. Well, Spike now has a brother named 'Watson'.
I fell in love with the original print because it had an energy that reminded me of 'rhythm & melody' which was exactly what I needed for my 'Rhythm of the Blues' collection.
It felt like the spiky diamond was dancing it's way across the fabric.
By replacing some of the colors, that print has now developed into a very elegant shirt that I think I am going to wear to every single Holiday party I have to attend!
Please note, Watson's fabric is a little thicker but softens up over time with washing :)
100% cotton, trimmed with charcoal buttons and navy herringbone tape.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Interior Cuff Trim: You guys have told me that your favorite surprise is the navy herringbone tape tucked just inside the sleeve cuffs. Guys are always rolling up their sleeves to be comfortable and this subtle detail allows them to be relaxed but still look polished at the same time.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
I'm a tall guy, but slim with broad shoulders. Shirt is a little balloon-y in the midsection, but there will always be a trade-off for me (it's this or not being able to stretch out my arms). Shirt seems well built, and I like the weight and finish of the material. Pattern is pretty cool. First wash was with a dark-protect detergent and then let it air dry. Did not notice any color bleeding and it may not even need ironing :)