Brilliant Blue Japanese Swirl Print Shirt - Scarborough Size L Available
THE SCARBOROUGH SHIRT: If you have been with me for a while, this print may look familiar to you. A few season ago, I created a line that was inspired my house in the woods & the beauty of unplugging & soaking in the beauty of my surroundings.
I used this traditional Japanese print to create a very chic short sleeve style. The print reminded me of how the storm clouds danced against the moon in the dark night sky. I wanted to capture that beautiful, wild spirit in a shirt.
This season's upcoming 'Desert Storms' collection was inspired by a few things: the US war with Iraq during the 1990's, the bravery of the men & women in our armed services, the delicate push & pull of the earth's elements and my outrage that a demonic snake has been protected by a bunch of cowardly politicians & ignorant voters.
Phew, that's a lot, huh?
I wanted to contrast the quiet neutrals of that capsule with more vibrant colors & prints... something to represent 'the storm'.
In the long sleeve form, we get to see even more of this print & the extra coverage makes look even more striking & elegant.
And it gives me hope that a storm is coming to drown that venomous snake.
100% cotton, trimmed with natural buttons and navy herringbone tape.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Interior Cuff Trim: You guys have told me that your favorite surprise is the navy herringbone tape tucked just inside the sleeve cuffs. Guys are always rolling up their sleeves to be comfortable and this subtle detail allows them to be relaxed but still look polished at the same time.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
Despite the cost , it is a well constructed shirt! Would like a Camp shirt style version with short sleeves
Great quality, beautiful fabric and great design!
I like the color, pattern, and fit of this well made shirt.