Olive Traditional Japanese Abstract Snake Print Shirt - Adam
The Adam Shirt: This is the shirt that kicked off this season's inspiration for me.
Lately, my mind has been wrapped around The Persian Gulf War, also known as Operation Desert Storm. I was in high school at the time and knew several people that went off to fight in this war. I remember thinking that these guys weren't that much older than I was, how on earth were they going to go off to fight a war? It just seemed incomprehensible. It kind of still does.
Recently, one of my friends was telling me about his experience when stationed overseas; his stories seemed more like a movie than real life. I felt such a reverence for the bravery of the men & women he told me about.
But I felt disappointed too; seeing what's happened in recent years. It's almost as if there's an internal war happening in our own country right now.
And just like in the Garden of Eden, there is a devious snake at the root of the evil.
This is a traditional Japanese print, but all my eyes could see was that moronic snake chasing his own tail.
FUN FACT: Snakes can accidentally bite themselves and become a victim of their own venom.
100% cotton, trimmed with natural buttons and navy herringbone tape.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
Very sharp and comfortable