Navy, Pink & Cream Plaid Shirt - Angeles
$ 89 $ 128
I released 'Angeles' early in the season & he sold out quickly. I have brought this favorite back especially for CyberMonday!
THE ANGELES SHIRT: Don't even get me started on 'Angeles'! OK, I'll get started... There are so many things that I love about this shirt, let me just begin with the colors. The cream base fabric creates a crisp, clean feel but tones of navy, pinkish-red & green just bring it to life. And I admit, hearing all of those colors together would normally make me pause - but this fabric is constructed to allow each tone to quietly complement one another.
You will see that a regimented grid is created by the coral & green. But notice how the cream is equally balanced which subtly diffuses the sharper tones. Then you have to check out how the navy pattern is layered on top & how the yarns are so fine that they almost look 'drawn in'. It is an exquisite effect that makes this more than just another plaid shirt, to me it is like a piece of artwork.
100% cotton poplin, trimmed with white marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Interior Cuff Trim: You guys have told me that your favorite surprise is the navy herringbone tape tucked just inside the sleeve cuffs. Guys are always rolling up their sleeves to be comfortable and this subtle detail allows them to be relaxed but still look polished at the same time.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.