Aqua Blue Ice Cream Popsicle Print Shirt - David
The David Shirt: ooooh, what's your favorite flavor?
I kind of have an obsession with the 1950's & I tend to romanticize the hell out of it!
In the pictures in my head, things were simpler & people seemed happier.
I know that isn't necessarily true, it was actually a time of great conformity, but it was definitely a time of progress, discovery & great hope for the future.
It isn't called the 'Nifty Fifties' for no reason. Revolutionary ideas that are now part of everyday American life were born in the 1950's: the credit card, colored television, soft drinks, McDonald's, NASA.... even DNA was discovered in the 50's (although this is arguable).
When I think of the 50's, I imagine kids discovering a new sport called 'surfing', bustling boardwalks & cheesy beach party movies.
When I was a little kid, my parents would drag to Point Pleasant Beach in New Jersey. I was 9 years old, I had no interest in sitting in the hot sun and getting tan.
Instead, I played video games at the arcade, rode the bumper cars and treated myself to ice pops under the boardwalk.
Made of 100% cotton, button down collar, trimmed with natural buttons & navy herringbone tape.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
I mean C’MON! Got my shirt today and couldn’t wait to wear it. Popsicles...YUM and this shirt is delicious too. This is my third shirt from B&B and the moment I received it I couldn’t wait to wear it. The construction and craftsmanship in B&B clothing is spectacular. It’s quality clothing that will last you years. The pictures do not do the colors of the shirt justice. The shade of aqua blue will be very complimentary to any skin tone and the popsicles really POP!! It’s so vibrant!! As always the fit is perfection. Sizing is very true to what website says. It gives you room in all the right places. Once again another FABULOUS piece of FLAWLESS clothing I will be wearing many times. Would HIGHLY recommend purchasing from Blade and Blue!! ^_^