Grey with Flying RocketshipPrint Shirt - Ritts
The Ritts Shirt: I kind of have an obsession with the 1950's & I tend to romanticize the hell out of it!
In the pictures in my head, things were simpler & people seemed happier.
I know that isn't necessarily true, it was actually a time of great conformity, but it was definitely a time of progress, discovery & great hope for the future.
It isn't called the 'Nifty Fifties' for no reason. Revolutionary ideas that are now part of everyday American life were born in the 1950's: the credit card, colored television, soft drinks, McDonald's, NASA.... even DNA was discovered in the 50's (although this is arguable).
The first human spaceflight program was launched in 1958, I can just imagine how it must have blown everyone's mind to watch rockets taking off for other galaxies.
Trimmed with natural buttons and navy herringbone tape.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
Love the pattern and fit. Great Friday shirt.