Linen/Cotton White & Steel Even Stripe Shirt - Paul
The Paul Shirt: "You ran on the beach with Kennedy flair" - KD Lang, Summerfling
The first 'spark' of an idea for what Blade+Blue would become came from seeing pictures of my father & grandfather from the 1950's. There was a timeless ease about their style that fascinated me.
Recently, I was struck when I heard someone say that Americans no longer have 'common heroes'.
Maybe this is why I have been thinking so much about the 50's and early 60's - which led me to President John F. Kennedy.... his poise, his intelligence and his casual yet sophisticated style that reminded me of the pictures of my dad & his father.
The 'Paul' & 'Justin' shirts are the epitome of 'timeless' - a simple, fresh color combo breathes new life into a classic menswear pattern. I can imagine him wearing these on Cape Cod with Jackie on his arm and John Jr. tugging at his shirttail.
55% Linen 45% Cotton It is recommended that you wash in cold water and hang dry.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts