Olive Camouflage Print Shirt - 'Matteo'
BACK IN STOCK! I've made a new batch of one of your favorites!
THE MATTEO SHIRT: I admit it, I have a thing for camo prints!
Recently, I've started to split my time between San Francisco & a small town in northern California called Cazadero. There, I am able to get away from the city and recharge these tired batteries!
In the summertime, there are so many places to go swimming like the Russian River or Austin Creek or even a pool at one of the fun resorts in nearby Guerneville.
But the most magical thing about Cazadero is the endless sight of Redwood trees that seem to be reaching for the sky.
My place is in the middle of the woods, completely surrounded by towering Redwood trees. And I'm often found napping underneath them after I've spent too much time marveling at their size & majestic beauty. There couldn't be a better way to 'recharge my batteries'.
The 'Matteo' is my interpretation of the incredible view outside my window .
To me, this is more than a shirt, it is my own personal celebration of how magnificent nature can be.
100% cotton, trimmed with charcoal buttons and navy herringbone tape.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Interior Cuff Trim: You guys have told me that your favorite surprise is the navy herringbone tape tucked just inside the sleeve cuffs. Guys are always rolling up their sleeves to be comfortable and this subtle detail allows them to be relaxed but still look polished at the same time.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
Love the shirt, but the fit was off
Love the material and print and cut of this shirt. The only downer is that it was smaller than expected. I have other long sleeve buttons from B&B that are medium and fit perfectly. This was a tad smaller :(