Solid Blue Chambray Short Sleeve Shirt - ELBERT Size XXL Available
The ELBERT SHIRT: Well, if you guys have been following me for a while, you know that I go a little nuts for anything plaid. But this season, I wanted everything to look crisp, clean & sharp. So it felt like a pretty radical change for me when the perfect chambray shirt became one of the first cornerstones when building the new collection. Oh, and I added smaller buttons at the collar points to preserve a sturdy & tight collar shape. 100% cotton, trimmed with white marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
The ELBERT SHIRT: Well, if you guys have been following me for a while, you know that I go a little nuts for anything plaid. But this season, I wanted everything to look crisp, clean & sharp. So it felt like a pretty radical change for me when the perfect chambray shirt became one of the first cornerstones when building the new collection. I added smaller buttons at the collar points and center back to preserve a sturdy & tight collar shape. (This is my little wink to traditional men's haberdashery details from the past). WINK! WINK! 100% cotton, trimmed with white marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape.
- Reviews (2)
- Questions (8)
A bit tighter around the shoulders than expected, which makes it a bit difficult to put on. But once on love the fit. Great quality.
First thing I noticed about the shirt (and now subsequent purchases) is the quality. They seem tailored in a good way. Don't hesitate to purchase!