Teal Green Spiky Diamond Print Short Sleeve Shirt - SPIKE
One of your all time faves is back!
The Spike Shirt: Spike played an integral role in my collection called "The Rhythm of the Blues'; celebrating the way color & pattern can come together to create an energy that is similar to rhythm & melody. Check out how the spiky little diamond dances it's way across this shirt. Makes me want to MOVE! Trimmed with white marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape. 100% Cotton.
Please note, Spike's fabric is a little thicker but softens up over time with washing :)
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
Fit is great.....color?
Ordering was easy. Shipped and received quickly. The fit is great, I love the weight of the fabric and the proportions are awesome. Only one very minor disappointment was that the photo on the website is darker than the actual shirt. That being said it’s not enough to want to return it or anything.
Teal Green Shirt
Love it!!! The fabric and print is great! It also fits good.
I have large shoulders and arms, but still fit best in a medium due to my waist (31") and height (5'7"). The fit of this shirt was excellent, and complimented my body without being too tight, nor too loose. I paired it with the Blade + Blue brown suspenders, and received several compliments. The color was true to what is pictured, and the fabric was soft enough to wear without an undershirt. I can't recommend this short sleeve button-up enough and look forward to purchasing other shirts from this company.
Love this Shirt
Love the quality and styling of this shirt. It's one of my favorites in my wardrobe now. :-)
Beautiful shirt but check your fit
First off, this is a lovely shirt. I adore the material and the print and the quality. It is definitely well-made and worth the price. I've washed once and hung up to dry. It was easy to iron the material. My only quibble is the fit. My chest is right at a 42 so by the Fit Guide I chose a Medium. Most other brands have a 42 as a Large. The shirt is not super tight, but the description led me to think it was a bit looser fit than what it is in actuality. I don't have huge arms by any measure, although they're not skinny, either, and the sleeves are about 1/2" from being tight on my bicep. The fit around the waist is good although if I had a stomach I'd be in trouble. Holding my arms around someone in a hug, the shirt is tight around my lats and upper arms. I think this is a slimmer fit than the description, which is not a bad thing at all. I like a slimmer cut than the boxy cut of a lot of shirts out there. I'm sure there are many guys that will love this fit, and some that don't. I want to buy another shirt from Blade & Blue because I love supporting USA manufactured clothing. I may just go up to a Large and try it on at home next time. Again, this is a well-made shirt, beautifully tailored. Please don't let this persuade you from not purchasing one. Just think about what a perfect fit is for you and make a decision accordingly.