Red Tropical Floral Print Shirt - Gilbert
The Gilbert Shirt: Named for someone who has been like a second father to me. He is my biggest champion & reminds me to 'get out of my own way'.
Who could have predicted what the world would have in store by the time this shirt became ready, right?
One of my favorite concepts to work on is my annual collection of floral prints, "Wildflowers". I begin working on it at the start of each year, excited for the adventures the coming summer will have in store.
As the world prepares to come back to life, I have a new appreciation for how special those adventures really are. And I am going to be a little more grateful for the memories we make.
This year's 'Wildflowers" have had to endure some heavy rains but are now in full bloom.
The Gilbert shirt is a wonderfully bold (like the man himself), balancing tones of tomato and chocolate against a crisp white backdrop.
Made of 100% cotton, trimmed with natural buttons & navy herringbone tape.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
- traffic stopper
I wasn’t sure when I ordered it, but man it fit perfectly and people kept complementing on it. LOVE!
Another excellent shirt. The pattern is unusual and fun and the fit is perfect. Another traffic stopper.