Soft Orange Wave Print Short Sleeve Shirt - Melvin Size L Available
I am so glad to have one of your favorites (and mine) back!
The Melvin Shirt: A mini version of the traditional Japanese wave motif is strung together to form the pattern of this beautiful shirt. I used a light khaki for the print against soft melon color backdrop. I did NOT expect this one to come out so well but I knew I had a winner during the last photo shoot when when everyone's face lit up as Melvin was pulled out. Trimmed with white marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape. 100% Cotton.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
All of my B&B shirts are quality items. Great fabric with the right fit.
Nice fit and print. Definitely would recommend
When the shirt arrived it was exactly as advertised the colors were spot on. When I tried on the shirt the fit was really good. I'm glad I got large in the button down shirt. After taking off the shirt to try on another item from the order I turned around to find my husband had put the shirt on and was thanking me for the great gift. BUY YOUR OWN DARN SHIRT!! It's not Christmas yet! I wanted to update/upgrade my casual attire selection and this shirt is a great start. I look forward to finding reasons to wear it. Thank you Blade + Blue
this shirt has a great fit, much attention has been paid to details. I like the smaller collar as I am a hobbit with a giant melon shaped head- this shirt makes me look good!
I love just about everything about this shirt. You can tell that quality fabric was used and that much attention was paid to crafting an excellent shirt. The only thing that keeps me from giving five stars is that the way the buttons are attached leaves a lot of loose thread ends dangling. For the most part, they are not long enough to get in the way but it was noticeable. I know it seems nit-picky to worry about so small a detail, but at the price of this shirt, I would expect the utmost attention to detail.