Japanese Indigo Dyed 'Sticks' Print Short Sleeve Shirt - DEYOUNG
$ 79 $ 115
The DeYoung Shirt: This is it, gentlemen. This is the shirt that completely embodies what I wanted to accomplish with the theme of "The Rhythm of the Blues".
Last year, I traveled to New Orleans for the very first time & I had the time of my life. At the Museum of Jazz, I was struck by the integrity, commitment & soul of the generations of New Orleans musicians that changed the shape of American music & culture. This season I tried to recreate the soul of the blues that I heard in New Orleans - to me, color & pattern can create an equally moving experience.
When creating this shirt, I could feel a 'rhythm' in the pattern of these sticks tossed against the deep bass of the indigo fabric. There is an energy that is created by the combination of color & pattern which feels like rhythm & melody. Time to turn up the volume.
Trimmed with charcoal marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape. 100% Cotton.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
I finally found a button up shirt that fits my neck and form fitting on my chest and waist. Usually, I would have a neck that I couldn't button up all the way or a baggy waist.
Sticks print shirt
Fantastic shirt. Perfect fit.
Sticks, no stones
This is a great shirt. Soft fabric, good fit. The dark colored buttons blend in with the fabric and let the design standout.
I love this shirt! It fits perfectly and the fabric is wonderful. I just ordered another, but with a parrot print.
Quality product. Perfect styling and fit. Love it.