Blue Chambray Watercolor Floral Print Short Sleeve Shirt - Reece
The Wildflowers Reece Shirt: Man I am a sucker for a pretty floral shirt!
Each summer, I face the same challenge: How do I create a new version of a floral shirt?
Well, the Reece is way different from anything I have done before.
For starters, this is a snap front shirt - the first time I have used snaps on a shirt for Blade+Blue. I gotta say, I adore these snaps & have a feeling we will see more of them in the future :)
Then on to the fabric itself: a watercolor floral is printed on a lightweight chambray. I love the idea of placing such a 'pretty' piece of art on to a more rugged fabric like the denim-esque chambray.
This shirt is finished with navy herringbone tape on the interior collar & natural snaps.
Made in USA of 100% Cotton.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.