Navy Blue Chambray Shirt - Blade
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Interior Cuff Trim: You guys have told me that your favorite surprise is the navy herringbone tape tucked just inside the sleeve cuffs. Guys are always rolling up their sleeves to be comfortable and this subtle detail allows them to be relaxed but still look polished at the same time.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
THE BLADE SHIRT: The 'Blade' shirt is the brother to this season's 'Gavin' shirt. Originally, I knew that I wanted an olive denim shirt, but I didn't want to feel trapped in a heavy shirt all day long. So then the idea came: to make a print that re-creates the look of denim on a poplin shirt. It turned out so well in olive that I had to make an indigo version too. You wouldn't know it unless you look really closely; it is pretty amazing what a beautiful textured appearance we created with this print. And I love the contrast that is created when you roll up the sleeves! 100% fine cotton poplin, trimmed with charcoal marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape.
- Reviews (2)
- Questions (0)
Love this shirt
size was a little bigger than the other shirt I got from Blade Blue but still a great shirt and very good quality.
Blade Blue Shirts
Blade Blues shirts are well designed well fitting and comfortable, always feel great when wearing them.