Off White with Navy Ikat Short Sleeve Shirt - Miguel
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
The MIGUEL SHIRT: Ok, Ok you got me. Yes, I made a very similar shirt last year but I did not make nearly enough! For months, I was getting the saddest emails asking if I could please, please make just one more! Well I hate disappointing you guys, so I brought the style back. The beautiful ikat print works perfectly in this collection - a little bit of tribal and a lot of sexy. Imagine how great you will look in this shirt with your summer tan! 100% cotton, trimmed with charcoal marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape.
PLEASE NOTE: This beautiful Ikat fabric has been experiencing larger than anticipated shrinkage after home laundering. It is recommended that you dry clean this product.
Miguel de Cervantas, Spanish Author
Miguel O'Hara, Comic Book Superhero
Miguel Lopez, Thank you for believing in Blade + Blue - what an honor to be in your shop!