Grey, Blue & White Open Plaid Brushed Flannel - 'Southerland' One Piece Sizes L & XXL Available
$ 75.00 $ 128.00
THE SOUTHERLAND SHIRT: Even though I love working on sweet prints for the summertime; what I really love is making plaid shirts... I have no idea why, it is just my thing.
This fabric has been brushed for so much extra softness - you will want to cuddle with it. If I could, I would string a few of these shirts together and make a blanket!
But the more I look at Joset in these images, the more I think I made a good decision making handsome shirts with the fabric.
Sometimes, keeping it simple works best. How could I go wrong with these handsome tones of grey heather, navy & white?
This shirt is dedicated to one of Blade+Blue's first customers whose kind words and Blade+Blue selfies made me feel like a rock star. (THANK YOU, you know who you are).
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Interior Cuff Trim: You guys have told me that your favorite surprise is the navy herringbone tape tucked just inside the sleeve cuffs. Guys are always rolling up their sleeves to be comfortable and this subtle detail allows them to be relaxed but still look polished at the same time.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
Great fabric, shirt fits well and looks smart
I was concerned if this flannel was going to be too heavy or bulky. But it is a lighter weight flannel that forms well against my body, and feels great. Of course, the pattern lines up beautifully (as they always do with Blade+Blue shirts) and its tailoring means it doesn't look bulky on my frame. I line dry these shirts, and this one comes off the line without any need to iron.