- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Interior Cuff Trim: You guys have told me that your favorite surprise is the navy herringbone tape tucked just inside the sleeve cuffs. Guys are always rolling up their sleeves to be comfortable and this subtle detail allows them to be relaxed but still look polished at the same time.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
THE HAMEL SHIRT: Hamel is a showstopper - This is one of my all time favorite prints (and your's too). A distressed geometric print on Japanese Indigo Dyed Cotton. Although they look like little triangles, I like to think of them as mini volcanoes. 100% cotton, trimmed with dark grey marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape.
Mark Hammill, Luke Skywalker
Peter Hammill, Musician
Duke Hamel Day, The image of you on the floor, helping me assemble press kits together is the image of true friendship.
Size & Fit
Circumference measured just under armhole
S M L XL XXL 40” 42” 44” 48” 50”
Length measured from high shoulder point to hem
S M L XL XXL 27.5” 29” 29.5” 31” 32”
Circumference measured from button hole center to center of button
S M L XL XXL 15” 15.5” 17” 17.5” 18”
Length measured from collar center back to cuff
S M L XL XXL 31.5” 32.5” 33.5” 34.5” 35”
- Shipping & Returns
Sometimes you just can't find all the answers on the site, but we will be there to help you.If you have any questions, please reach out to us at HelpMe@BladeandBlue.comWe will get back to you as soon as possible, typically within a few hours....usually it is minutes because we are always on call for you.(We may need until Monday if you send your email over the weekend)You may also call us at (415) 646-6200RETURNS & EXCHANGES
I hope you will love your Blade + Blue purchase, but If you do need to make a return or exchange, please note the following guidelines:
I will gladly accept any new, unwashed, and unworn item for exchange or refund up to 14 days after delivery.
RETURN SHIPPING COST POLICY:
Shipping costs (both to & from) are Non-Refundable.
TO SEND AN ITEM BACK:
Please send the item back to the following address with a note to advise if you would like a return, exchange or store credit to go shopping anytime:
1815 Magoffin Ave
El Paso TX 79901
If an incorrect item is mistakenly shipped, I will gladly send the correct item free of charge
You will be provided with a pre-paid envelope to return the incorrect item
UNDERWEAR RETURN POLICY:
Unfortunately, I cannot accept returns or exchanges of used or worn underwear, unless deemed defective.
Defective merchandise will be replaced free of charge.
If you order multiple pairs of underwear in the same size, please only open one item to determine if the size fits.
If you do so and find the item does not fit - the other new, unwashed, and unworn items may be exchanged.Orders Generally Ship: in 1 - 3 business days, Monday through Thursday
Standard Shipping: is through USPS First Class or Priority Mail
EXPEDITED Shipping: FedEx options are available during checkout
Fedex 2-3 Days: $33 Flat Rate Within The US
Fedex Overnight: $65 Flat Rate Within The US
**Please Note that Blade+Blue cannot be held responsible for any delayed deliveries experienced by the service provider**
You will receive a shipping confirmation containing your tracking number once the order begins it's way through the queue.
SHIPPING RATES FOR US ORDERS:
Despite USPS raising it's fees, I am trying to keep the shipping rates as low as I can:
$5.00 Standard Shipping on orders up to $49.99
$8.75 Standard Shipping on orders of $50 - $99.99
Free Shipping on all orders above $100
CANADA ORDERS - Flat rate of $39 for all orders.
MEXICO ORDERS - Flat rate of $39 for all orders.
ALL OTHER COUNTRIES - Flat rate of $60 for all orders.
Please allow up to 4 days to process international Orders. International Orders will ship via Fedex, which typically take 3-5 days to arrive.
Blade + Blue is not responsible for any additional duties or taxes (such as VAT) due.
- Shipping & Returns
- dress up shirt
My first thought was that it was too busy for me, then as I wore it, I realized that the weight and amazing quality of the fabric turned it into something quite special and kimono-like. It’s turned out to me my best dress up shirt, usually as an over shirt, almost a jacket. I receive compliments whenever I wear it!
Just okay—material was much heavier than I anticipated. But the fit was good.
I continue to be impressed with the quality of the design and the materials used by Blade + Blue in its clothing line. Great products. Highly recommended.