Navy Blue Japanese Wave Print Short Sleeve Shirt - Ziggy
$ 75 $ 108
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
The ZIGGY SHIRT: If you have been following Blade + Blue, then you know that I love incorporating traditional Japanese prints in the line. But "The Ziggy" wave print shirt feels especially important this season. This season is inspired by my dreams of what life would be like in California and quite literally I couldn't wait to live near the ocean. I think somehow that deep, lasting dream found it's way into my work. This print is also available in brick red as a short sleeve and prussian blue as a long sleeve. This is a very detailed print, but it's effect is so understated and elegant. 100% cotton, trimmed with charcoal marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape.
Ziegfeld Follies, Early 20th Century Theatrical Revues
Ziggy Stardust, David Bowie Persona
Zachary the Cat, 'My little Ziggy' who always stole the show at our Blade + Blue photo shoots. RIP my baby boy.