Black with Burgundy & Grey Triangle Print Shirt - Bernie Size M Available
THE BERNIE SHIRT: I love when a print is done and no one can guess what it is! Some think the Bernie print is a series of triangles or pyramids or little racing flags. But the inspiration actually came from the old Atari Video game called 'Pole Position' and the thrill of speeding down the open road. No matter what you think the print is, this combination of black with burgundy & grey is a distinguished knockout.
97% cotton & 3% lycra, trimmed with charcoal marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape. .
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Interior Cuff Trim: You guys have told me that your favorite surprise is the navy herringbone tape tucked just inside the sleeve cuffs. Guys are always rolling up their sleeves to be comfortable and this subtle detail allows them to be relaxed but still look polished at the same time.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
- heat dryer
- dress shirt
The shirt is wonderful, great fit and eye catching style. Not your typical black dress shirt, and I like that about it!
The fit is perfect (5'10", 160 lbs) and looks very dressy. The fabric is light weight and very comfortable. I got a lot of compliments on the shirt. The label says "dry clean only" but got feedback from the owner, Peter, who recommended a cold wash, and 5-6 min in a low heat dryer. It washed up great and the short cool drying did the trick.
Wash & dried, but did require steamer touch up