Blue Ombre Shirt - 'Hombre'
$ 69 $ 128
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Interior Cuff Trim: You guys have told me that your favorite surprise is the navy herringbone tape tucked just inside the sleeve cuffs. Guys are always rolling up their sleeves to be comfortable and this subtle detail allows them to be relaxed but still look polished at the same time.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
The HOMBRE / OMBRE SHIRT: You know, sometimes you can just surprise yourself & just blow away your own expectations. I worked so hard to make this idea come to life, I knew it could be cool but I failed so many times & I almost gave up on it. But finally the fabric executed perfectly and the engineering of the colors hit the body in exactly the right places. This shirt is made up of a series of extra fine yarns that blend together to form an incredible gradient pattern of blues. It goes from dark indigo at the top near the collar and slowly fades to a soft pale blue at the hem. If you look closely, you will see the various yarns coming together and I have to say, it is pretty exquisite. The tones turned out perfectly, it reminds me a little of denim - and that was exactly the look I wanted to achieve this whole time. Just another reminder to never give up on your ideas. 100% cotton, trimmed with charcoal marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape.
- Reviews (1)
- Questions (0)
Happy, new customer
Purchased this shirt and a pair of shorts. Fits well, though long sleeves shirts I tend to roll up the sleeves because I have long arms. But it doesn't lose the fade effect by doing so. Looking to be a return customer.