Teal Blue Traditional Japanese Wave Print Shirt - Morgan One Piece Size Small Available
One size small JUST became available....
The Morgan Shirt: A mini version of the traditional Japanese wave motif is strung together to form the pattern of this beautiful shirt. I used a light khaki for the print against the teal blue color backdrop.
A few years ago, a collection was based on my dreams of moving from New York to California and living by the ocean. The centerpieces of that season were the shirts with the traditional Japanese wave print pattern; and they have been with me ever since.
100% Cotton. Button Down Collar. Trimmed with white marbled buttons and navy herringbone tape.
I live for making shirts & I am a real fanatic about it. So much detail & care has been put into the making of each Blade + Blue piece. I want this to be your new favorite shirt.
What Makes a Blade + Blue Shirt So Special?
- MADE IN USA: Blade + Blue shirts are made in limited runs here in the USA. I work with master craftsmen whose family has been making shirts since the 1950's.
- TOP OF THE LINE FABRIC: Blade + Blue sources premium Japanese fabrics from some of the finest textile mills in the world.
- A GREAT FIT: I set out to create a shirt that was both comfortable & flattering. No more feeling like you are stuffed into a super-skinny fit or feeling frumpy in a big, boxy fit. The Blade + Blue cut was designed to provide room for comfort in key areas like the chest & shoulders but is then slightly nipped at the waist to give you a most flattering shape. You will also notice that the lengths of Blade + Blue shirts are designed to make you to look great tucked in or out. Please take a look at our FIT GUIDE for more specific measurement information.
- 'NITTY-GRITTY' GOOD STUFF: Let me share a few more details that make the Blade + Blue extra cool:
- Collar Shape: Nothing is worse than seeing an otherwise handsome shirt ruined by a big, floppy collar. The wrong collar shape can instantly ruin your look. I have slightly trimmed the height on Blade + Blue collars, then created a semi-spread shape for a very sharp & modern effect.
- Placket Construction: The slimmer center placket shape of the Blade + Blue shirt is sewn in with a stitch right at the edge of the placket. This technique creates a more streamlined look and eliminates the distracting, 'rumpled' effect that occurs with most other shirts.
- Peter Papas
Great shirt - would definitely recommend it. Two things to be aware of: 1 - like all B+B, they run small so order up a size from your normal 2 - the color is a lot darker than shown in the pictures. I still liked it, and it looks great. But I would have liked it the way it's shown online, too. Matching mask is a great add-on, too
I recently purchased the Teal Blue Traditional Japanese Wave Print Shirt based on the chest fit size. However, when I received it and tried it on, it looked great on, but I couldn’t really lift my arms without being afraid I would rip the sleeve area. I immediately inquired about the return policy on the website and received a return response from Peter Papas. Peter said he would send a larger size in the mail, and I received it within a few days. All he asked was that I return the smaller shirt that did not fit to their address, in which I did and notified him via email to be expecting it back. Great communication between us, great service and a beautiful shirt makes me happy to be a regular customer! In fact, I purchased face masks to match this shirt, so I’m eager to see what that will fit like and look like!
The fit is good, fabric high quality and overall superb shirt.